Friday, July 10, 2009

Turnips and cars

This is the third week we've gotten turnips in the CSA share. Not something I would pick up at the grocery store. So I'm trying a recipe that was in this week's letter when we picked up the share... turnips in red wine with honey and butter (I used olive oil and coconut oil). Should be interesting.

It's been a crazy week. Chris spent all day Sunday replacing the rotors and pads on his car to find Monday morning that the fronts are bad. And my car had a brake hose bust over the weekend, so he's been limping his gimpy car all week and taking me to the commuter bus stop. Thankful it's finally the weekend, but he has a lot of car work again this weekend. Ugh.

Wondering when my brother's baby is coming.... Two days overdue. My parents are going to stop over on their way to visit the baby if it's here before Sunday. We shall see.

Oh yeah, I interviewed last Friday for a new position and was offered it and accepted yesterday! It's a lateral move, so no pay increase, but I'll have full-time first shift Mon-Fri hours and be learning something new. Woot! Training starts the 20th.

No comments: