Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Too Much

I was in the kitchen almost all day today.  Cleaning and prepping the crazy amount of greens from last week's garden subscription, I made the rhubarb applesauce again, and tried roasted fennel - with turnip, onion, brussel sprouts - for the first time (yum!).  Then made broccoli mac and cheeze, asparagus, and mashed potatoes and gravy (chris seasoned the potatoes) for dinner.  We ate way too much, it was all so good.  In a food coma now.  Chris is half asleep and I'm having some chai green tea to hopefully wake me up enough to clean the kitchen before bed.

I also made myself a more complex green smoothie this morning, as opposed to the all-fruit smoothie with  spoonful of Jurassic Green I normally have.  I used 2 bananas, a little pine-orange banana juice, blackberries (all of which I normally have), plus a big leaf of kale and swiss chard, some chinese cabbage, and a little spearmint.  It was delicious!  And helped me get more raw greens, yay.

No comments: